Ideal for sites with large bandwidth needs, the VLBX5500 Controller can be deployed in large datacenters or headquarters. It relies on SitePathMTPX, Elfiq Networks’ bandwidth virtualization technology, to enhance the resilience and performance of point-to-point applications. This feature is perfect for site-to-site VPN tunnels and voice over IP (VoIP) deployments.
It can be deployed in various environments such as VMware, Hyper-V and OpenStack.
The VLBX5500 Controller is designed to meet and exceed the needs of organizations and datacenters, which include maximum uptime and performance, and proactive bandwidth management to guarantee business continuity. With the VLBX5500, such organizations can manage balance up to 256 ISP or private links with a total throughput of 12Gbps.
In addition, each Virtual Link Balancer can serve as a virtual network function (VNF), meaning that they can be deployed in a NFV infrastructure.
1. Values reflect the guaranteed throughput that can be managed by the device for link balancing purpose.
2. Throughput can be achieved through the use of LAG + LACP(802.3AD).
3. To achieve this level of throughput, the end-user must use at least 2 VFIs and/or bond multiple ISP linkgs together.
4. Includes the total capacity of all Virtual Forwarding Interfaces (VFIs).
5. Some values listed in our specification matrix (including Throughput, Number of Sessions per second or Total Number of Sessions) should be considered "peak" values.
6. VPN throughput capacity is calculated based on the processing power of the according LBX Series.
ALL DEVICES SUPPORT ETHERNET BONDING AND IPV6 INTERCONNECTIVITY
ALL DEVICES ARE BUILT WITH THE FOLLOWING FEATURES: Watchdog Timer and Session Guard (DoS protection).
ALL DEVICES SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING UPTIME-RELATED FEATURES: High availability deployments; Multimode.
ALL DEVICES SUPPORT: DHCP and PPPoE; Dynamic MTU/MSS; 802.1Q (vlan); Real time filtering (shunning); NAT, Block NAT, NAT Masquerading and PAT; and come equipped with a built-in probe.