Martello Technologies is looking for a System Developer Linux who excels in a technical environment and wants to be a part of a growing and enthusiastic team. Elfiq Networks, a subsidiary of Martello, is a pioneer in SD-WAN technology, offering superior solutions that are unique in the industry. Our products enhance network performance and deliver business continuity through innovative link balancing and bandwidth management technologies. Elfiq’s solutions address increasing demand for costly bandwidth and the risk of network downtime, offering clients around the world greater control over their enterprise networks.
Recently named as one of Canada’s ICT leaders on the Branham300 and recognized as the top Ottawa company on the 2017 PROFIT 500, Martello is well on its way to becoming the leading provider of network performance management solutions.
About the Role:
The System Developer Linux is responsible for the development, implementation and testing of modules for Elfiq’s Linux based proprietary operating system (Elfiq Operating System/EOS).
You should apply if you want to:
- Design modules for an operating system
- Set up automation scripts that will be used by the development team
- Participate in the quality assurance of Elfiq products
- Produce and share technical documentation internally
- Participate in the estimation of the work with the development team
- Optimize working methods (methodologies, technologies and tools)
- Document, implement and correct medium to complex programs
- Support and participate in functional testing
- Diagnose and solve technical problems in an application
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A university degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering in addition to 4 plus years related experience.
- The ability to communicate in both French and English
- Advanced Linux knowledge, ideally Debian/Ubuntu: namespace, containers, SysV IPC
- Experience in developing Python and Bash/Sh scripts
- Advanced C level development (makefile, glibc, pthreads, kernel)
- Networking: TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, Ethernet, routing, switching, VPN
- Virtualization: VMware, OpenStack, KVM, QEMU
- Http/Https protocol notions
- XML, JSON
- Cloud: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Tools: GIT, Jira.
To appy, visit the Martello Technologies career section at http://martellotech.com/careers/