Recognized on the 2017 PROFIT 500 as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, Martello is a rapidly rising tech star primed to take off after merging with Elfiq Networks in early 2018. This has created a unique opportunity to join the company as a Sales Engineering Specialist for the Elfiq Networks product line.
Elfiq Networks enhances network performance and business continuity through innovative link balancing and bandwidth management technologies. Using Elfiq Networks solutions, companies can leverage simultaneous ISPs, mix public and private links for added flexibility, seamless failover, increased throughput and smarter WAN path selection. Visit elfiq.com for more information.
ABOUT the Role
You’ll be the subject matter expert on the Elfiq Networks’ product line, and the solutions sales specialist. Providing pre and post sales expertise and technical support to our customers and sales staff, the Sales Engineering Specialist develops positive long-term relationships with customers. In this role, you’ll also identify design problems and assess resources required to resolve urgent or critical situations, provide partner training and be responsible for installing demonstration/proof of concept units.
You should apply if you are the kind of person who can:
- Participate in assessment of the customer’s needs to determine the appropriate application of the Elfiq product line.
- Assist sales staff with technical components of sales presentation or product demonstration for customers.
- Answer presales technical and non-technical questions for end user clients, Resellers, Distributors and Elfiq product line sales representatives
- Execute sales tactics and engage in sales opportunities with sales representatives
- Review quotes & configurations
- Create solution designs to validate implementation scenarios and identify add-on opportunities
- Provide input into RFP/Bid requests.
- Help sales representatives to close sales and exceed revenue targets.
- Install demonstration, NFR (Not for Resell) or POC (Proof of Concept) units during test phase or new partner set up phase.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 to 8 years’ experience or more in a similar role involving pre-sales, sales engineering and/or technical sales and partner training
- Strong networking/telecom industry knowledge
- Great oral and written communications skills
- Leadership and initiative
- Bilingual English / French an asset.
- Experience with network design, networking protocols, implementation and diagnostics
- Experience with GNS3 an asset
- Knowledge of Telecommunications/Connectivity/ISP/Internet/IP/VoIP technologies
- Experience with complex, multisite WAN deployments involving Hybrid WAN and/or SD-WAN
- Good knowledge of most common Hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.) and Cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge in configuring commonly used switches, routers, firewalls, traffic shaping as well as common network appliance vendors such as Cisco, Riverbed, Silver-Peak Brocade, HP, Dell, 3Com, Juniper, Sonicwall and Fortinet.
PLEASE NOTE – Travel is an essential part of the job. The successful candidate must hold a valid passport at all times and be willing and able to travel 40% of each and every week.